Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Nice Little Surprise

I've never considered myself a dumpster diver. I'm actually the complete opposite - a germ-o-phob. I hate hotels, I use hand sanitizer frequently, and don't even get me started on the germs you can find in airplanes.  But, apparently in the game of cards that is my life, thrifty trumps potential germs any day of the week, to a certain extent of course.

So, you can imagine my dilemma when driving home from work today and spotting, out of the corner of my eye, a small wooden piece of furniture sitting on the curb. I couldn't see much at first, just dark wood and clean lines, but on second glance, I saw a diamond in the rough - literally.

But really - was I actually going to get out of my car to investigate, and potentially grab the item and stick it in my trunk in broad daylight? Well, I wasn't that obvious about it! :) Look at this gem.




There she is - an all wood, old-fashioned sewing table. For some reason, I've seen lots of these at the thrift store lately. But I haven't wanted one badly enough to pay the $20 or more they are usually selling for.


It doesn't come with the sewing machine, thank goodness, because I honestly don't know what I'd do with that hunk of metal anyway!



Look at those pencil legs!


And yes, the top is a bit beat up, which makes this the perfect contender for a nice and easy paint job. My mind is already spinning with possibilities. At the end of the day, I'm sure it will be worth it - you can't beat free!

Stay tuned to see what we come up with! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!