Monday, March 19, 2012

Easy Easter Mantle

Another mantle post  - did you see this coming? After celebrating St. Patrick's Day this past weekend (complete with corned beef), it was time to move on and celebrate another, more important holiday.

I tried to keep this mantle as simple as possible and err on the side of spring rather than the side of bunnies and plastic eggs. I bought only a few things, and put this spread together in a mere 15 minutes. Why, you ask? So that I could spend the rest of my time outside enjoying the 80 degree weather Ohio has been blessed with for the past week!

Here's what I came up with! 



An easy-peasy mantle! First, I kept my old eight-paned window and hung a plain grapevine wreath on it this time. I also kept my glass tealight candle holder, which I've had for a while, and used for my St. Patty's mantle as well. This time, though, I swapped out the tealights for speckled eggs I got at Hobby Lobby ($3), and stufffed a bit of moss in the center to add some green.



The best part of this mantle was that I was able to cut sprigs of forsythia directly from a bush in our front yard to add to the sides of the mantle. We had no idea we had one, as this is our first spring in the new house, so this was a great surprise! The yellow blooms are so cheery. 



And I love how they look inside my tried and true Ball jars. I've had these for a while as well, so I didn't spend anything here either.


And there you have it. I hope this provides some inspiration for your own Easter decor! And now, I'm back to sitting outside an enjoying this weather ... and our beautiful magnolia tree. 



We sure are lucky first time homeowners to be able to gaze at this beauty this spring! 

 I'd love if you pinned any of my photos in this post, or left me a comment! Thanks for reading!


I'm linking up to: 


8 comments:

  1. hi liz, your mantle is lovely and makes me long for forsythia in my yard. it hasn't started to bloom here yet :(
    i'm new to these parts and i'd love for you to share your mantle decor on my center of attention sunday link up at http://cadeedee.blogspot.com/2012/03/blog-post.html
    hope to see you there!

    mcvick~ (another liz)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Liz! I just linked up!

      Delete
  2. Your mantel is really looking very pretty. Forsythia's are in bloom here since the weather has been so usually warm. Your magnolia tree is beautiful, don't you just wish the blooms could last forever! Love your header! Thanks so much for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy!! I do absolutely love the magnolia tree, however the petal cleanup this week has not been quite as pleasant as enjoying the blooms on the trees!!

      Delete
  3. hey liz, just wanted to let you know this is a feature on center of attention sunday! stop by and share more stuff this week at http://cadeedee.blogspot.com/2012/03/center-of-attention-sunday-sunday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting!! Thanks for the feature - I'll be sure to add your button to my page!

      Delete
  4. What a simple yet beautiful mantle!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!