Thursday, March 22, 2012

Easy Black Bean Salsa

I realize it's March, but it's been downright hot the past few weeks! And nothing ruins my appetite like the heat. So, this past weekend, after realizing I had several cans of black beans, I put together this easy black bean salsa that hit the spot. It's gone, if that says anything. And, at the hubs' request, I'll be making more. 


Here's what you need to make your own: 

1 can black beans 
1 can corn 
1 can diced tomatoes
3/4 cup chopped onion
1 avocado, diced
1 lime 
fresh cilantro (adjust to taste) 
salt 
pepper

Dice your onion, avocado and cilantro - this is literally the only prep work - squeeze the lime, sprinkle with salt and pepper, mix, then grab your scoops and enjoy!! It's that easy. 

And, I wanted to share an avocado slicing tip for you, which I didn't know for the longest time. The easiest way to dice it is to slice the fruit in half, then into segments while still in the peel. Like this: 

avocado-cut-5b.jpg 
Photo courtesy of simplyrecipes.com

Just wanted to pass on that helpful tip! Enjoy!! 


2 comments:

  1. mmmm, looks delicious liz! makes me long for summer!

    i make a corn and black bean salad that's very similar to this, we eat it on everything from tortilla chips to tossing it on to fish tacos, or mixed with plain white rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought about using it for fish tacos or with rice. I may have to try that!!

      Delete

I would love to hear your comments!