Monday, February 13, 2012

Pottery Barn Knock Off Dinnerware

Alright, kids. This post includes absolutely no crafting talent. No skill. No nothin'. I merely just wanted to take an opportunity share with you a Pottery Barn look-a-like I noted over the weekend. I know - alert the presses!

About four or five months ago I bought a few sets of dinnerware from good ole' Dollar Tree. I know, this may sound pathetic to some, but for us, they were truly the plates that we liked best, and the price was just right. They are microwave and dishwasher safe - what more can you ask?

Here they are. The plates are round and a whitish/cream color with two rows of beaded detail around the rim and inner edge of the plate. Plain and simple.


Here's a close up of the beading detail. 


Nothing fancy, but perfect for us, and pretty just the same. Well, this weekend, I was thumbing through PB's new spring catalog and noticed some dinnerware that looked awfully similar to our own beloved everyday, dinner plates. The pattern is called Emma.

Emma Dinnerware-White

Like all things Pottery Barn, this too, is beautiful stuff. But what do you think? I'd say it's pretty similar to my photos above!

In Pottery Barn's defense, they are able to offer a full set - we're talking dinner plates, salad plates, soup bowls, cereal bowls, mugs, cups and saucers, etc. They've got the full spread, which I'm sorry to say Dollar Tree can't compete with. And, no, the pattern isn't a dead on match.

However, for those like myself who adore the beaded detail and don't want to break the bank on dinnerware,  Dollar Tree's is a good, affordable option. Our plates have held up just fine with every-day use for the past few months!

So, there. That's all she wrote. I just wanted to share my observation, and hopefully, help a few along the way! Go on - spend all of 12 bucks on a set of dinner plates! It's worth it!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it! I have a VERY similar set I got from JC Penney- with mugs, bowls, plates, etc. for under $100- i LOVE when I find things like that! Good for you! AND I love your plates!

    Wendy @ theweightsover.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this dinnerware, thank for shared!
    -------
    See also more and compare for best prices deals for Dining ware here!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!