Thursday, February 9, 2012

Happy Thrifty Thursday!

And I wish you many, many more to come! This week I must say, I felt as though I really cleaned up. I was able to score all of these useful items on my lunch breaks this week, at the thrift stores near work. Here's what I found:


First and foremost, note the wood crate that I am IN LOVE WITH! I got this thing for just .99 cents, and it is SOLID. I am already busy dreaming up the ways I can utilize this. Perhaps, adding a bottom to it and painting it white ... or sanding it down, applying a dark stain, and turning it into a wine rack? The possibilities are endless.


I also found these wall hanging birds from Target. Oh how I love Target! I had seen them at the store before they were on sale, and about flipped when I saw them at Goodwill for 3.99, due to the fact that one of the bird's wings is broken. But, it's a clean break. I'm envisioning an easy fix with some super glue. If that doesn't work, at least I'll have the other two! I'm thinking these will go up in the bathroom I just did a number on, which you can check out in this post!


I found these two candle ring wreaths for 1.99 each - on has pretty red berries and one had pretty golden tones, orange berries and greenish leaves for the fall.



I found also found a few things from Ikea - I know, right? Who takes anything from Ikea to Goodwill? Well I'm glad they did, because who can't use two nice storage boxes? They were brand new and still in the package - they just needed to be put together.



And this little clock was from Ikea too - I thought it would be nice to put in my bathroom, since I always seem to be running a bit behind!


Lastly, I found a small little butterfly that can be hung on the wall, but I wasn't into the wooden color it was in the top photo. So, pulled out my Heirloom White, and did a bit of painting already. I'm thinking this may be nice in the bathroom as well ... we'll see!  


So what do you think? How did you do at thrift stores this week? Do you have any thrifting secrets to share? 

Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!