Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Crock Pot Potato Soup

This week I tried a great recipe for potato soup that I wanted to share with you. Like most things in my life at the moment, it was Pinterest inspired, and originally posted by Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour. Let me tell you, this is some good stuff! I was able to throw this together before work - on a day when I woke up late and spent a decent amount of time on my hair, if that tells you anything! I highly recommend it ... it doesn't get much simpler than this.

Crock Pot Potato Soup

1 30 oz. bag of frozen, shredded hash browns
3 14 oz. cans of chicken broth
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup (I think next time I'll try this with Cheddar Cheese soup)
1/2 cup onion, shopped
1/4 tsp. group pepper
1 pkg. cream cheese

Put everything in the crock pot, except for the cream cheese, and let simmer for 6-8 hours. About an hour before serving, add package of cream cheese and stir periodically until melted. Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese and scallions. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!