Monday, February 27, 2012

Chalk it up

I've accomplished two things already this week that I'd been wanting to do for awhile now - I finally made something I saw on Pinterest, and I finally put a chalkboard in our kitchen!

These chalkboard frames are all over Pinterest ...

Pinned Image


Pinned Image

Pinned Image
refreshdesginstudio.com


Pinned Image
mandyford.blogspot.com

I love each an every one, but I was going for a frame a bit more simple, like in the last photo. So remember this frame I found at Goodwill a few weeks ago for $2.99?


It had such pretty detailing ...


She was the perfect candidate! So first thing's first, I did a little sanding ...


Then I spray painted the frame with Rustoleum Heirloom White ...



Next, since the frame didn't come with a backing or piece of glass, we had to find something to use for the chalkboard part. Luckily, our garage came with all sorts of scrap wood, courtesy of the previous owners. So we Greg cut a piece just slightly smaller than the size of the frame (11 x 14), and I painted it with chalkboard paint.


Tada!


This was so easy! What do you think? I'm envisioning a few more chalkboards around here!

Happy Monday!

I'm linking up to:

Craft-O-Maniac
You're Talking Too Much
Three Mango Seeds
DIY Home Sweet Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!