Monday, February 20, 2012

Baptism ... by Pizza

For as long as we've been in the Dayton area, Greg and I have heard constant praise for Marion's Piazza. The local, award-winning restaurant is best known for its thin-crust pizzas, subs and "old Italian courtyard" atmosphere. Co-workers have hounded, poked, nudged, prodded, and all but dragged me there. But I wanted to experience the phenomenon with my one and only, and we just hadn't gotten to it ... for the past few years. Tonight, we finally ended our streak and ventured to the locally-acclaimed pizza-lovers paradise.


First and foremost, let me just say that I could not believe how big this restaurant is. It's huge. The front doors channel you onto a brick pathway, that is surrounded on either side with tables, trees and streetlamps and pretty murals of Italy's countryside. I'd say, at the restaurant branch we went to, 200 people could be seated easily.



As we strolled down the brick lane to the counters - yes there were two - it became very apparent that this was a place with its own culture and lingo. That's what 45 years of customer loyalty will do. So, in unchartered territory, we were lucky enough to get a bit of advice from a worker at one of the counters. Order your food first at the food counter, order drinks second at the drinks counter, then find a seat and wait for your number to be called before coming back up to pick up your food. Interesting.


We decided to try the deluxe pizza - apparently one they're known for. It was fantastic! I wish we would have tried it sooner! Look at all the Italian goodness piled high on the beloved thin-crust.


And here's a close-up, just to make you jealous.


We'll definitely be going there again, as well as trying out a few other Dayton institutions we've been putting off.

In other news, I spent a good part of my Presidents' Day outside working on a few of things I found at the thrift store. I also found the time to hang my white ceramic birds in the bathroom ... can you tell one them had a broken wing when I got them at Goodwill? Say no! :o)



Next up ... my upgrade for this goodwill frame.


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!