Thursday, February 2, 2012

Bahhhston

This week, I spent most of my week in Bahhhston, as the locals would say. And while it was tough to pull myself away from all of the home projects I had in the works, it turned out to be a great opportunity to kick back, explore the area and catch up with co-workers.

We stayed at The Millenium in the Financial District. Let me start by telling you that I am a complete germ-o-phob. I HATE hotels. If I had the room in my luggage, I'd travel with an extra set of sheets and a pillow. That being said, I absolutely loved this place. It's one of the few hotels I've stayed in where the comforter, carpet, and shower didn't give me skeevies.


Besides the beautiful bed and decor, my room had a small balcony from which I had a fantastic view of the skyline.





And, since FRESH seafood is not nearly as readily available in Ohio as it is in New England, my co-worker and I played tourists on this trip and finally went to Union Oyster House for dinner. While they are famous for just about everything on the menu, I can highly recommend their cornbread, clam chowder and Union Oyster House Colonial Ale, which is specially brewed for the restaurant by Sam Adams brewery.


And their lobsters are fantastic. To get the full experience, you MUST wear the bib!


Here is a view of the Holocaust Memorial exhibit in the winter air.



 All in all, another great trip to Boston. Looking forward to going back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!